The EchoHaven community is a quiet cul-de-sac located at Rocky Ridge in the northwest of the City of Calgary. The terrain is characterized by rolling hills with aspen stands and three wetland areas providing home sites that have mountain views, are nestled in the trees or overlook natural ponds that attract deer, moose and birds. The lots have been grouped to provide more common green space and minimize looking on to your neighbour’s home.
- large regional shopping centre, Crowfoot Crossing, located 3.6 km from the site
- natural food stores approx 3 km from EchoHaven
- YMCA located approx 3.6 km away,
- Rocky Ridge recreation facility planned for 2016 will be a 5 minute walk
- smaller shopping areas within cycling/walking distance – Co-Op, Sobys, Walmart and other essential services
- connecting foot paths
- tennis court, ball diamonds and soccer field
- elementary, middle (2016) and high school
- LRT station, 15 minute walk
Make life better
What’s not to like about the setting at EchoHaven – the tree stands, the ponds, the rolling topography?
A development starts by leveling the site, cutting down the existing trees, installing storm sewers and reconstructing ponds… usually. At EchoHaven, we wanted to keep as much of the natural landscape as possible and still meet the City of Calgary stormwater requirements. Our plan follows the natural storm runoff patterns and adopts rainwater harvesting to manage rapid runoff from roofs during storms.
Rainwater harvesting preserves the natural features and reduces the use of treated water. Each home at EchoHaven collects rainwater for re-use and when combined with water efficient appliances minimizes water consumption. In addition, site servicing costs were reduced resulting in lower lot prices.
By adopting water conservation measures, we make life better.